The Road Not Taken

7:30 AM Edit This 3 Comments »
I pretty much hate "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. Why? Let me show you the ending,

"I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."

He figured out what road to take. That is a decision I cannot make; what road should I take? My two roads: Southern Nazarene University or Oklahoma Wesleyan University. What is stopping me from taking either road? At SNU I have so many good friends, friends like I have never had before, however financially it would be a burden for me. At OWU I would not make the same type of good friends, however financially it would be so much easier for me. Which is more important? I cannot decided, it causes me so much stress. It seems to be all I can think of, I am consumed by this decision. For quite awhile I was happy with going to OWU and then I started talking to my friends at SNU, I couldn't even bare telling them I wasn't going. It makes me sad to think I won't have the late night Sonic runs, crazy video making, saranwrap races, or even someone to always talk to in the dorm. I've prayed about it like people tell me, and I feel like there really isn't a "wrong decision" I just feel like I won't be happy either place, thinking the other would be better.

I hate stress. I hate decisions. How about someone just chooses for me?

3 comments:

little dalene said...

SNU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pan Cratius said...

You really need to take a course and learn to be a female Ricky Ranger and help keep the forest. Or, maybe chew up some piece of paper, and throw it at a map of the world, and wherever the spit ball lands, GO THERE. This also has worked. Did you say you like horses? Texas A & M, definitely. And get a minor in blueberries. YOU can do anything you put your mind to do, I just know this.

Dalene said...

Becca, I had the SAME choice before me in 1990. I feel for you, but can't tell you what to do!