All Dogs go to Heaven...Hopefully.

2:27 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
I am stuck at work. Typically I have nothing to do, but today I'm more impatient than most. I am going home this weekend, and just want to get on the road! I don't have many things to do to distract myself here. I can read msn, check my facebook and gmail, and then I'm about out of options. Occasionally I go to the bathroom or get up and walk around the office like I'm doing something to waste a couple minutes, but I don't even feel like doing that today.
I am excited to go home today because I will get to see the beautiful puppies! My dad's dog Nor, who will some day be a great wild boar hunter and see Lucky my mothers dog who hopefully won't die any time soon. Would you like to hear what I mean by hopefully she won't die soon? Let me tell the story...

I went shopping in Owasso last summer and saw cute dog clothes on sale. They were so precious and I had to buy them. This made me want a little dog so bad I couldn't stand it. I went to the local pet store and saw a cute white puppy with lots of energy. I had to have it! I could barely stand the thought of my parents saying no. Somehow I convinced them that it was my dog and I would take care of it and pay for everything it needed. Finally with probably some help from my mother, my dad said yes! I was so excited. I went into the pet store the next morning and just told them, "I want that white dog." They told me they had never had anyone just come in and ask for a dog before. I bought her, and they gave me some free food and a free vet visit. I put here in the passenger seat and started driving home, then the dog food fell from the top of my car onto my windshield. I was just really excited and forgot it. I named the dog Nieve, which means snow, because of my love for ... Hispanics! Anyways, I got it home and it cried the first nights and kept messing in its cage over night, but it grew to be a great dog. Everyone loved it. Then I had to go away to college. It was a very sad time, I had to say goodbye to my baby. I had taught her tricks, and house broke her, and took her everywhere, she really was like my child. Everytime I went home I was more excited to see her than my family, and when I talked to my mom on the phone I would always ask to talk to her. She was so precious. However, I noticed my mother started liking her a lot too. This was a problem, I fully intended on taking her with me when I got out of college. When I was working in the gym two months into school I got a call from my mother, she was crying a lot. I thought someone had died! She said, "Becca, Neive is dead." Oh my goodness I started crying! In front of all the people in the gym, it was really embarassing because I hate to cry. It turns out that my 12 year old brother's friend was driving my dad's truck on my Uncle Joe's land. Neive was in the back of the truck on a leash and my brother was holding her by it. For some reason Neive jumped out the back while it was moving (not the brightest dog) and she got hit by the back wheel. Well these were sad times and my mom could not handle not having a little dog. My dad bought her another one just like Nieve. It was so cute, but not my Nieve. I still liked it though, because I am a dog lover. This one didn't have a name for quite awhile until the next week we saw it eating a lizard. We gave her the name Lizzy. Nieve died in September and around Febuaray I got a call from my mother that Lizzy had drown in our tiny back yard pond, which really serves no purpose but to give the bees water. My dad did not want to get another one, my mom said she didn't but secretly she did. My dad started at looking at dogs even though he said he didn't want one, odd..He didn't want a small dog anymore though like Lizzy and Nieve, he wanted one he could go wild boar hunting with, even though he never goes hunting, even more odd. Anyways my dad found these dogs called Norwegian Elk Hounds that would be great for hunting and he had is heart set on it, yet my mother wanted a little Westie again. When I came home from Mexico during Spring Break, I saw the baby gate up in our back room, which is used as a doggy gate. However, I didn't see any dog. I started screaming, I knew there had to be one. I walked to the back room and there was a tiny westie. It was so cute. My parents had named it Lucky, because "It will be Lucky to stay alive." How appropriate. Lucky is still alive, and my Dad got his Norwegian Elk Hound for boar hunting some day, which he named "Nor" for Norwegian...I was not there when he decided this or I would have talked him out of it.
Now our family has 3 dogs: Molly who I have had since kindergarten, Lucky who hopefully will live a long life, and Nor who perhaps will someday hunt wild boar with my father.

I hope you enjoyed the long story, I enjoyed passing along some time at work. Have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a government job? The jobs for the government are always boring. You need to take up sky diving, really. Dogs do need a lot of love. I'd go to a dog pound and adopt a stray, they make good replacements. Ricardo

liesel said...

Wow, you did have some time on your hands. :)

Marlita said...

Post a picture of Lucky! And my momma told me her momma told her that if Jesus knew it would make her happy to have her dog in heaven he would be. So.. hopefully there won't be fleas in heaven!

little dalene said...

Not everyone LOVED Nieve.