Children's Book

10:54 PM Edit This 7 Comments »
Okay, so 2 posts in one day, its pretty much a record since I've been in school.

I need your help though! I'm writing a children's book for my psychology class and its suppose to be about something we want to pass down, like something of importance. So I have some ideas, and I wanted to see what everyone thought would be the best, or maybe you have a better idea! Let me know.

Here is what I'm thinking:

Recycling! I'm sorry, but I'm obsessed with going green, and I just think we need to plant that seed at an early age.
Self Image and being happy with ones self!
Along the same line as self image, I was thinking maybe embracing uniqueness.
A King (Jesus) loving a little girl that had no special talent, but I'm pretty sure I'm ripping off another book that I just read about this.

That's about all I have right now. What do you all think? Is there some good ideas you can think of? I'll upload the book once I've made it. It's going to ROCK! Whatever it turns out to be about.

OH and read my last post about the party I want to have.

7 comments:

Marlita said...

I vote for #3, the uniqueness. I want a copy to read to my kids!

liesel said...

You wrote a pretty cute book about Nanny once when you were 7 or 8. Maybe you could incorporate all of the above, with Nanny as the main character.

Dalene said...

I think you should read Romans 1 & 2. You see, God's creation reflects his creativity and beauty and cries out to us to recognize him!!! We should take care of that beautiful gift. Recycle and go green. On the other hand, we need to keep our focus on the CREATOR, not the CREATION.

A children's book for the Age of Environmentalism giving a Christian perspective about taking care of God's creation.

But read your BIBLE FIRST!!!!!! NO ROVENSTINE TREE-HUGGERS Allowed!

Or, I could give you an easy response and honestly tell you I like all of your ideas!!!! Because I do.

And plan a party.

Anonymous said...

Dear Becca,

Tell a story about a little girl that wants to stay home from school but her mean ole granma won't let her.

Then when she comes down to go to school she has on pink tights, flowered shorts and plaid top. ( I can't really remember what the outfit was but it was wild and you kept saying, "Becca is cool."

Forgive me? Grandma D

Marlita said...

You are welcome anytime... just call to be sure ti pick up a little.

Mary Beth said...

Good luck! I am not a writer at all. Anything you come up with would be good. I like the part about putting Nanny in there as a character. She rocks. And recycling is good too. Norman is green now and I'm doing my part.

little dalene said...

I like Grandma Donna's idea. Make sure you include the older, cooler sister that DID get to stay home from school though.
By the way, I can't believe Charissa remembers that book you wrote about Nanny. Of course, she did show it to everyone who walked even remotely near her house. I had forgotten all about it. Where is that book now? Maybe you can just pass that off as the new one? Haha.
And something else totally off topic...If you are all about going green, you should totally be into Christian Thought right now. Green is all about being stewards to God's Earth. You should ask him about it. Maybe you would like the class better if you were engaged.